Once you’re said YES to your fiancé and celebrated your engagement (wahoo!), the first big decision for wedding planning is choosing the location for your celebration. This is an incredibly important decision! Your wedding venue sets the tone for your entire wedding day. It also sets your date in stone. And depending on the venue you choose and day you choose to get married, it can be a significant portion of your wedding day budget. For many couples, this is the first major hurdle they need to work through as they plan their wedding.
For our Wedding Wednesday Tips, we are sharing some of the top questions you should take with you as you visit venues and make a final decision for your wedding day!
18 Questions to Ask Wedding Venues
- What is the maximum capacity for the space for the venue?
- Is there a pricing difference if we host our wedding on a Friday as opposed to a Saturday?
- What hours do we have access to the venue on our wedding day? May we take photos on the grounds before access to facilities opens?
- Will there be a venue coordinator on the wedding day and what are their responsibilities?
- When do we need to be cleaned up and out of the venue at the end of our wedding reception?
- Does the venue provide staffing for tables and facility clean up, or do we need to secure our own staffing?
- What catering options are there?
- Is there a certain time music needs to be off or the bar closed?
- Can we bring in our own alcohol? What bar package options are offered? What about nonalcoholic options or kegs?
- Are we required to have any kind of security or monitoring of alcohol, or does the venue take care of that?
- Are there any rules and restrictions related to decorations?
- How many tables and chairs are provided and what kind?
- Are linens included, and if so, what options are there?
- May I come the day before to setup? Is there an additional charge to do so?
- Are there specific vendors we need to work with for rentals, florals, decor, catering, DJ, etc?
- Do I need event insurance, and if so, what policy recommendations are required? (This is becoming more and more common and is not expensive)
- What happens if I need to change my wedding date?
- Are vendors required to show proof of liability insurance, and if so, how should they submit that information?